It is hardly noticeable from the city centre - especially on hazy days - but Kuala Lumpur is surrounded by lush hills, rock formations and water reservoirs. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city, then escape to nature lovers' haven, just 30 minutes drive away. Trek with us through one of the most spectacular hikes, Bukit Tabur - part of a quartz ridge in the north-east of the city Taman Melawati before returning to Oasia Suites KL, the first Oasia property by Far East Hospitality in Malaysia. The hotel is located in the Kuala Lumpur Golden Triangle, with the Kuala Lumpur City Centre within walking distance for easy access to the city's key business infrastructure. It sits adjacent to KL Forest Eco Park (formerly known as Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve), Kuala Lumpur's only surviving primary tropical rainforest and nature reserves, offering you a visual contrast to the city with the views of the sprawling greenery.
The following day, enjoy Sungai Lepoh trekking and waterfall experience at Hulu Langat near Kampung Pangsun. Lepoh Waterfall is a small waterfall that is perfect for beginners and as a post Bukit Tabur trek recreation in nature. It is suitable for all fitness levels and all ages. We will enjoy swimming at the waterfall, work together to prepare and cook our lunch fresh before trekking back to base camp and return to Oasia Suites.
You have an option to extend your trip by one more night and join us for aromatherapy yoga with Denise Keller followed by Peak & Pause event organised by ATC and IWFCI (International Women's Federation for Commerce and Industry). This is a celebration of Malaysia's Women Empowerment Year and International Women's Day campaign theme #PressForProgress.
At a Glance:
- Entrance fees, hiking permit, guide fees for challenging and enjoyable day trek to Bukit Tabur and Lepoh trekking (Moderate rating, excellent fitness required)
- Accommodation and Meals (breakfast, lunch during trek and waterfall, team dinner and trail snacks)
- Climbing badge (blue)
- Travelling with an amazing group of women trekkers.
- Organised by Singapore Tourism Board licensed travel agent TrekkersAsia Pte Ltd and experienced trekkers.
- Yoga with Denise Keller, Exclusive IWFCI event (optional at no extra cost apart from 1 night (20th March) accommodation.
Sun 18th Mar 2018
- Arrival into KL in the morning and transfer to Oasia Hotel or directly to Taman Melawati (if majority arriving this morning then we can organise a car pick up at the airport)
- 10:00 - Depart for Bukit Tabur (20km / 30 min drive)
- 10:45 - Start trek (moderate to challenging : 3 to 4 hours ascend)
- 13:00 - Reach the Summit and enjoy the trail snacks
- 13:30 - Start descending back to the park entrance (moderate : 2 to 3 hours)
- 15:30 - Return to Oasia Suites for shower and rest
- 18:30 - Team Dinner
Mon 19th Mar 2018
- 06:30 - Depart for Lepoh Trekking & Waterfall Experience
- 07:30 - Arrive at Asli Adventure Base Camp
- 07:45 - Meet with Chief Guide, Safety Briefing
- 08:00 - Start hiking
- 09:00 - Trek along Orang Asli’s Garden/Farm/Estate.
- 10:30 - Reach waterfall and enjoy swimming
- 11:00 - Prepare and cook lunch together
- 12:30 - Pack up and clear picnic area
- 13:00 - Start walking back to base camp.
- 15:00 - Arrive base camp, freshen up at a resort nearby
- 16:00 - Drive back to Oasia Suites
- 17:30 - Arrive Kuala Lumpur for a free and easy shopping evening
- Evening flight back to Singapore or stay the night at Oasia Suites
Tue 20th Mar 2018 (optional)
- 8:00am- Yoga with Denise Keller at Oasia Suites KL
- 9:00am - Breakfast, free & easy morning & check out
- 1:00pm Proceed to Mitin KLCC from Oasia for Sacred Mountain Meditation with Denise Keller and Peak & Pause Panel Session
- 2:00pm - Peak and Pause Panel with IWFCI Malaysia, Women In Commerce, Lean In, Denise Keller and Amazing Trekkers Club
- 6:00pm - End of event and transfer to airport for return flight to Singapore.
Event Information available here :